We're very sorry
The page you're looking for was not found.
Rugby League Betting with William Hill
Bet on the bruising and fast-paced sport that is rugby league here at William Hill, with a massive range of betting markets from all the biggest rugby league competitions around the world! Whether you're looking for the best odds on Super League, Australasia's National Rugby League(NRL), State of Origin Games or more, you'll find everything you need right here.
Betting on Super League
TheSuper League is the pinnacle of British rugby league, and you can bet on all the action here at William Hill. Bet on the outright winner of the Super League every season, as well as markets for every game and special markets on first try-scorer, margin of victory and lots more.
The Super League first started in 1996 and features 12 teams – 11 from England and Catalans Dragons of France – gunning for the title every year. The team that tops the table wins the League Leaders Shield before the Play-offs begin, with sides battling it out for the right to reach the showpiece event of the Super League Grand Final.
St. Helens have dominated in recent years, winning the last four Grand Finals to move onto a record 10 titles. The 2023 Super League season started on 16th February and runs until 26th August 2023, with the Grand Final to be played at Manchester's Old Trafford on Saturday, 14th October. The 2024 Super League is expected to run between February and August 2024, with the Play-offs starting in early September 2024.
Bet on every minute of thrilling action from the Super League here at William Hill, with odds on the regular season, the Play-offs, and the standout events of the Grand Final and Magic Weekend where a full round of fixtures take place at a single stadium.
Betting on the Challenge Cup
Bet on the Challenge Cup online at William Hill,with all the latest odds and betting markets from every stage of the competition as well as the final itself. The Challenge Cup is the premier rugby league cup competition in England, with over 70 teams entering each year including a selection of amateur teams with big dreams of making it deep into the competition.
Super League teams are seeded so enter the Challenge Cup at the last 16 stage. The 2022 Challenge Cup was won by Wigan Warriors – their 20th title – who defeated Huddersfield Giants in front of almost 52,000 fans at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
The 2023 Challenge Cup returns to Wembley Stadium for the final on 12th August 2023. The two semi-finals are held on the weekend of 22nd and 23rd July.
Betting on NRL and State of Origin
The National Rugby League, also known as the NRL, is the top rugby league competition in Australasia, comprised of teams from Australia and New Zealand. It started life 25 years ago and has grown in popularity year by year, with a 17th team added to the line-up for the 2023 season.
You can bet on all the games from the NRL at William Hill, with markets on the outright winner of the NRL Grand Final, as well as odds on individual games and players from every week of the season. Sydney's Penrith Panthers are the defending NRL champions, winning their third NRL title in 2022.
The 2023 NRL regular season started in March 2023 and runs until the end of August, with the final round of fixtures scheduled for 31st August-3rd September. The NRL Finals begin soon after, in early September, with the NRL Grand Final set for Sunday, 1st October 2023 at Stadium Australia in Sydney.
In 2024, the NRL season is expected to begin in March and end in October. As always, the winner of the NRL Grand Final will take on the champions of the Super League in the World Club Challenge.
And don't miss your chance to bet on one of Australian sport's greatest rivalries when the State of Origin series kicks off.An annual match-up between rugby league heavyweights New South Wales Blues and Queensland Maroons, the State of Origin series is a best-of-three contest and plays in front of sold-out stadiums and huge television audiences. Bet on the series and its top performers here at William Hill.
Betting on the Rugby League World Cup
Bet on the Rugby League World Cup at William Hill, where you'll find all the latest odds on the favourites, the outsiders, the dark horses and the teams just hoping to make history with a huge upset. Held every four years, the Rugby League World Cup is the peak of international rugby league competition.
The last Rugby League World Cup was held in England in 2022 after a one-year delay from the originally-planned 2021 schedule. The winners were Australia, who beat Samoa 30-10 in the final to lift their third-successive Rugby League World Cup trophy and extend their own record of titles to 12.
The next Rugby League World Cup will be in 2025, with sixteen teams hoping to become the new champions of the world.
Rugby League betting markets
At William Hill, you'll find plenty of betting markets on every rugby league game in every major competition from across the world.
The most common betting market is the 80-minute market, where you pick a team to win the match – but you'll also find our handicap betting markets and odds to spice up the action.
How does Rugby League handicap betting work?
Unlike 80-minute bets where you back a winner of a specific game, rugby league handicap betting is when you pick which side of a given points margin a game will end on. It means you can win your bet even if a team loses, as long as they do so by a lower margin than the handicap given for that game.
For each rugby league game, you'll find a point spread market based on who is the favourite: for example, England may be listed as six-point favourites for a game against Samoa. The handicap for this game would be shown as England -6, Samoa +6.
- England are favourites as they are the minus handicap (-6)
- If you think England will win by more than 6 points over Samoa, you would bet on England -6
- If you want to go the other way, you will be betting on Samoa to win the game outright, or, at the very least, lose by less than 6 points.
How is a Rugby League handicap bet settled?
In this example, let's say the England beat Samoa 16-14.
- If you bet on England -6, then you deduct 6 points from their final score. In this case that would leave an adjusted score of England 10, Samoa 14. Even though England won the game, they won by less than the -6 margin of the handicap, so this would be a losing bet.
- If you bet on Samoa +6, then you add 6 points to their final score. That would leave an adjusted score of England 16 Samoa 20. Even though Samoa lost the game, they did so by less than the +6 margin of the handicap, so this would be a winning bet.
Rugby League player market betting odds
As well as betting on team-specific markets during rugby league, here you'll also find an amazing range of odds on individual player performances. These can include:
- Try-scorer markets: based on a player to score first, last, or any time
- Multiple score markets: based on a player to score two or more tries, or a hat-trick
- Kicking markets
- Stat-based markets: the number of tackles a player makes in a game, for example
- Man of the match markets
Tips for betting on Rugby League
Rugby league is a fast-moving and physical sport where speed, tackling and skill are some of the keys to the game. To help you stay ahead of the pack, we've secured some top betting tips forrugby league:
-Team news is key: team news tells you who's fit and if there are any major injuries or suspensions that could sway the odds of your chosen game. Keep an eye on all the news around the game before it kicks off and before you place your bet.
- Research recent form: take a look at whether a team is in good or bad form. Are they on a losing streak? Are they particularly strong away from home, or do they have a great recent record against their next opponent?
- Take stock of conditions:as well as the venue for the game, the weather conditions can play a big part. If rain is forecast, then a wet ball becomes harder to handle. This could be a leveller in games where one team would normally be a big favourite, as it could lead to a higher number of turnovers and unforced errors.
Rugby league offers and promotions
There are always great offers and promotions to take advantage of when betting on rugby league online with William Hill:
- Enhanced Odds – boosted prices on certain rugby league markets every matchday
- Flash Odds – boosted prices on rugby league markets for a short period of time
- #YourOdds– can't find the rugby league betting market you want? Just tweet us with #YourOdds and we'll price up your bet.
Crash over the gain line with our latest sports betting promotions . They include free games, where you could win free bets.