1/3 Odds Place 1, 2
We're very sorry
The page you're looking for was not found.
Betting on GAA Hurling at William Hill
Hurling is one of the biggest sports in Ireland: a fast and physical ball game played with sticks – known as hurleys – where goals are scored by either striking the ball over a crossbar or into the net for maximum points.
You can bet on every match, goal and point scored from all the big GAA Hurling events throughout the season here at William Hill. You'll find the latest odds on the All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship, a wide range of betting markets on the National Hurling League, and lots more.
Betting on the All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship
One of the most-watched events on the Irish sporting calendar is the All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship, where the top 17 GAA Hurling counties clash each year to compete for the famous Liam MacCarthy Cup.
Played through the summer, the All-Ireland Championship features a provincial group stage and then a knockout stage, with teams eventually whittled down to just the two finalists. You can bet on every game from the All-Ireland Championship at William Hill, including odds on the outright winner, individual matches, and a number of exciting player betting markets such as first goalscorer.
The 2023 All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship was won by Limerick on 23rd July 2023, who beat Kilkenny 0-30 to 2-15 to claim their fourth title in a row. Despite the defeat, Kilkenny remain the most-successful team in the championship's history, with 36 titles since the competition's foundation in 1887.
The 2024 All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship is expected to be held in July, with the final staged at its traditional home of Croke Park in Dublin.
Betting on the National Hurling League
Bet on all the action from the National Hurling League at William Hill, where you'll find the latest hurling odds on every game from every div ision in one of the premier inter-county competitions in the sport. The National Hurling League features 35 teams with a handful of sides from England included along with the heavyweight Irish counties.
Although the National Hurling League has been around for almost 100 years, only 10 different teams have won the Division 1 title. Kilkenny and Tipperary have both won the National Hurling League 19 times.
The 2023 season was the 92nd in the history of the competition and was won by Limerick after they beat Kilkenny in the final. The 2024 season of the National Hurling League will start in February 2024 and conclude a few months later in April.
GAA Hurling handicap betting
You canbet on point spreads on individual GAA Hurling games throughout the season, also known as handicap betting.This is a popular way to bet on Hurling, especially when there is a strong favourite going up against an underdog, as it means you can win a bet on the lower-ranked team even if they don't pull off the upset.
How does GAA Hurling handicap betting work?
Unlike moneyline bets – where you back a winner of a hurling match – handicap betting lets you pick which side of a given points margin a game will end on. This means you can win your bet even if a team loses, as long as they do so by a lower margin than the handicap given for that game.
For each Hurling match you'll find a handicap market based on who is the favourite and who is the underdog.
How is a GAA Hurling handicap betting settled?
In order to win a handicap bet on Hurling , you must pick the correct side of the handicap line. For example, if Limerick were playing Kilkenny and you picked Limerick -1, Limerick must win the game by at least two points for your bet to be a winner.
On the other hand, if you picked Kilkenny +1, then your bet would win even if Kilkenny lost the game – as long as it was only by a single point. A Kilkenny defeat by two or more points in this example would be a losing bet.
More GAA Hurling betting markets at William Hill
As well as all the latest Hurling handicap betting markets, you'll find a massive range of other odds here at William Hill, including:
- Outright winners– who'll win the title at the end of the competition?
- Match winners – bet on the winner of individual games
- In-play betting – live betting markets on all top-level hurling games
- Player markets– who will score the first or last goal, and plenty of other special player bets for each major game
GAA Hurling betting tips
GAA Hurling is a thrilling and fast-paced sport, with games swinging wildly one way then the other. To make sure you stay on top of the game, we've pulled together some important betting tips to keep in mind when browsing the latest odds on the big GAA Hurling games.
-History: which side has enjoyed historical success? Who are the defending champions? Does one team fare particularly well in this competition, and do they demonstrate that they've got the bottle for the big stage? All of this could factor in when making your pick.
- Team news: injuries to key players can have a huge impact on the outcome of any sport, and GAA Hurling is certainly no exception. In a game as physical and athletic as Hurling, you'll want to know that a team's star players are not only available but also fully fit and ready to go full tilt in the upcoming contest.
- Head-to-head record: take a look at some of the recent meetings between the two teams of the game you're betting on. Does one team have a historical edge? Is there a player or two who always seems to turn up against this opponent?
- Form: “form is temporary, class is permanent” – so goes the saying, but that doesn't mean you should throw form out the window entirely when making your GAA Hurling bets. Take a look at a team's recent scores – are they on a hot streak, or stuck in a rut?
GAA Hurling betting offers and promotions
There are always plenty of great offers and promotions to take advantage of when betting on GAA Hurling online at William Hill:
- Enhanced Odds – boosted prices on certain GAA Hurling markets every week
- #YourOdds – can't find the GAA Hurling betting market or odds that you want? Just tweet us with #YourOdds and we'll price up your bet.
Looking for boosted prices on GAA Hurling odds and other great sports? Check out all our latest betting promotions.